Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sharing Yellow Wallpaper

From May 11:

I was pleasantly surprised to find a woman, sitting alone in a restaurant reading, much like myself. I was seated next to her, and she pleasantly introduced herself and her passion for books. I was so moved out of association, that I gave her the copy of The Yellow Wallpaper I had bought only moments before. She, like an enthused child at her birthday fete, thanked me profusely and began digging in. I cannot help but feel the warmth of kindred society.

My challenge to you, reader, is to carry something with little monetary, but with great artistic, value with you for the sole purpose of giving it away. Enrich someone's day through the act of parting, and find that what you give out is far outweighed by what you gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment